Founders Pointe History
Founders Pointe has a rich and complex history. Originally the land of the Stonegrave Indians, it was part of a land grant given to Major Anthony Sharpe, a veteran of the Revolutionary War. At that time it was called Poplar Grove due to its tall poplar trees.
Major Sharpe sold 640 acres to Abram Maury in 1799. Maury surveyed and laid out the town of Franklin that same year. Maury quickly rose to a position of prominence, becoming a state senator and a member of the U.S. Congress. A nearby county was named after him.
Maury's homestead was located on what is now Founders Pointe. The family cemetery still resides within the community.